Big Girls Do Cry (and little ones and boys and big boys)

  • Saturday, October 2, 2010
  • by Linda Rempel

    So I have been crying a lot lately... (why do i always start these blogs with so... or hmmmm.?) Anyway... there it goes again...

    I have been thinking about crying and in our "rough and tough" be a man ... be a girl/man world we are uncomfortable with anyone who cries... I cannot tell you how many times people have apologized to me for "making me cry"…Really? Like I don't remember if you don't mention the subject at hand? Really?

    Anyway throughout the scripture God talks about weeping... crying... lamenting...TEARS...
    I was flabbergasted when I looked up these words in the concordance…and then each scripture with the tears and weeping and wailing and gnashing... and groaning...a few for your consideration....and space prevents me from doing the context... if you are a crier like me I suggest you read them or do a study on your own....
    2 Kings 20:5: God says to Hezekiah ... I have seen your TEARS
    Psalm 56:8: God keeps all your TEARS in a bottle....
    Psalms 126:5: Those who sow in TEARS will reap in joy....
    Is. 16:9: WEEP BITTERLY ... I will drench you with my TEARS
    Jer. 9:1: Oh that my eyes were a fountain of TEARS…that i might WEEP day and night
    Luke 7:58: And she wiped HIS feet with her TEARS....
    John 11:35: Jesus WEPT....
    John 20:13: Why are you WEEPING
    Job 16:20: My eye WEEPS to God
    Matt. 26:75: Peter went out and WEPT bitterly...
    SERIOUSLY????

    The scriptures are full of crying and weeping and wailing ... WHY?

    Genesis.... AND EVE TOOK AND ATE... AND GAVE TO HER HUSBAND AND HE ATE TOO...
    (paraphrase... go with it....) and crying and weeping entered the world and sin and bitterness and sickness and pain...(I know, depressing but there is a point here...)

    For all you young moms (and dads and grandmas and grandpas.. ) who sit and tell your little tiny ids and big kids and grownup kids to SHUT IT UP... SHUT IT OFF... STOP CRYING...I would present to you...
    JESUS CRIED...JOB CRIED...PETER CRIED...THE WOMEN AT THE TOMB CRIED...HEZEKIAH CRIED… JEREMIAH CRIED…MARY CRIED… MARY AND MARTHA CRIED...AND ON AND ON AND ON....

    The Bible actually says that God keeps all our tears in a bottle... wonder how big my bottle is...
    Tears are healing... Tears are therapy... Tears are from God...

    So consider this... next time you are tempted to tell your little one to STOP CRYING... (this would not include tantrums... lol) DON'T....

    Consider this... everytime they are hurt and crying or sad and crying and we say STOP... and they choke it back…a callous forms ..(just a little ) over their heart... until it is hard... and when they need to cry they can't... or OH THEY ARE CRYING IT IS JUST INSIDE....

    (Can you tell this is a soap box for me?????)

    Next time you pass by someone who needs someone to "weep with" stop and weep with them...
    Next time someone cries... don't stop them...
    Next time the person next to you in church cries... don't judge them…pray for them...
    Consider the saddest cry of all...Matthew 13:42...And they were cast into a furnace of fire ... where there is WEEPING and gnashing of teeth...

    God help those to see the free gift of salvation offered to them...may He open their eyes....


    And so in this world of "TOUGHEN UP" " BE A MAN" " GROW UP" "STOP CRYING" "TOUGH IT OUT" consider the only one who can wipe away the tears ... my favorite and my license plate....21 REV 4...AND GOD SHALL WIPE AWAY ALL THE TEARS FROM THEIR EYES AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE CRYING....I wait and wait for that day... but until then....

    WE JUST CRY.... for crying out loud.... :-)

    7 comments:

    Sheila said...

    I have no words . . . just prayers . . . and tears!

    Anonymous said...

    AMEN!Well written and much needed! Thank you

    Unknown said...

    Thanks Linda. That was just for me... Love you

    LoRee Peery said...

    Linda, you've found your calling. You are blessing every reader. And what is going on inside you is of the Lord. You go, girl!

    Anonymous said...

    Interesting the timing of this that I didn't read it until now. Oh how I needed to hear this today! I long for the day when my children will be able to cry-crocodile tears instead of holding it all in! I just keep sharing with them how much Jesus loves them and died for their precious souls. Please bring the tears, Lord! There is healing in the tears!

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks Linda, The crying continues until the day....

    Kitt said...

    OK, I just found this while looking at the Faith website and feeling homesick. I'll be a regular now!!

    Thanks, Linda!

    Post a Comment