Empty Again...

  • Wednesday, August 18, 2010
  • by Linda Rempel

    So the first day of school is over... empty nest... again... everyone is in school... i was thinking about this and am a firm believer in seizing the day... much of my life was wished away ... i wish this was over... i want to know the end of this chapter ....sometimes when the end came i did not want to know...

    there are seasons of life... i love love the summer... hot as it is i hate to be cold... so i wish away the winter... and dread the fall... love love spring..(the most) and then comes summer when everything is green and there are flowers in the yard and watermelon and strawberries and blueberries and tomatoes and cucumbers with buttermilk on them or "wemon" pepper as Chloe says....

    i have seen 59 summers... happy ones... horribly sad ones ... "it'll be a cold day in july ones" as my dad used to say about things... and many of them i wished away...

    guess what... I know the end of 58 years.... but i do not know the end of the 59th... jeepers this is getting kind of depressing... so all i am saying is i have spent the last three years just surviving most of the time ....and now three years is over... the kids are all in school... and well

    I AM WORKING ON GETTING A LIFE... :-) during school hours anyway...

    take each day as it comes...

    AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR

    Matthew 6:19-34 ( excerpts)

    Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon the earth... (shoes in my case) where moths and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal..

    lay up your treasures in heaven..... where your treasure is there will your heart be also... (my jewelry box)

    we cannot serve two masters....God and our stuff....

    FOR THIS REASON.... i say to you do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink.. (starbucks) nor for your body, as to what you shall put on...(for work)

    and look at the birds of the air... they don't worry and God feeds them... (my paraphrase)

    AND WHICH OF YOU BY BEING ANXIOUS ... CAN ADD THE LENGTH OF YOUR THUMB TO YOUR LITTLE FINGER (also a paraphrase)... to your life..

    Seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness and all these things will be added to you... (not necessarily jewelry and shoes)

    THEREFORE DO NOT BE ANXIOUS FOR TOMORROW; FOR TOMORROW WILL CARE FOR ITSELF.. EACH DAY HAS ENOUGH TROUBLE OF IT'S OWN....

    So in my kitchen over my stove... are the words. CARPE DIEM........ SIEZE THE DAY...

    6 comments:

    Ta said...

    OOOH I think I'm the first to comment...loved this post...I can relate most of it except I am at the beginning of my 68th year and even though I do not know what the future holds here on earth for me I am not going to wish this coming year away, I want to carpe diem!!! Ta

    Mindy McGrew said...

    was thinking of you this morning...and our empty houses. I'm seizing the day by doing laundry!(after I get offline-ha) Thank you for the gentle reminder that "wishing things away" and worries don't help anything or anyone. They only waste the precious time we have. love you, glad to read your post, mindy

    LoRee Peery said...

    Great post. Age can do funny things to the mind if we let it, but we can do nothing about those numbers. However, we can look for God in each of our days. Then as George Strait sings, "I Saw God Today;" we can add, "amen" at the end of the day. But first, we have to seek His face.

    Sheila Abresch said...

    I pray daily (seriously) for an eternal perspective. I have a bad habit of losing my focus and becoming fixated on the here and now. Only thing is, the here and now is just that. Here and now! It's not forever. Heaven is. I look forward to that (seriously)!

    PegS said...

    Loved this post! Can't wait for more! And I'm the opposite of Sheila A, I'm praying to be able to live in the moment more! Time does seem to rush faster the older I get.

    Anonymous said...

    This is how I'm living my life, now that my children are gone. At first it was so distressing, but then I found my calling in life AND the kids came back with babies!
    I have learned from you, Linda, In light of eternity, what does it matter. Everything is compared to HIS light and the majesty of HIS grace and OUR eternity in that light.
    Thank you for being you, and sharing yourself with us.

    Post a Comment